[uClibc] Ten months and a week.

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Nov 10 22:01:34 UTC 2004

2004-11-10T21:03:29 Rob Landley:
> So after six months of being insanely busy, I finally have time to
> poke at my uclibc based linux from scratch system again, and the
> most recent release of uclibc is still 0.9.26. That was released
> on January 3, over ten months ago.

I don't disagree with your comments at all, but as a side note, I've
got an LFS-inspired uClibc-based distro I've been maintaining, and
almost from the start I've been basing it on uClibc snapshot
tarballs. I haven't updated often, just occasionally as a kind of
check to make sure uClibc hasn't wandered out from underneath me (so
far, so good). As of this instant, Bent 1.1 is based on
http://uclibc.org/downloads/snapshots/uClibc-20041011.tar.bz2.

So while it'll be nice when the current offered "stable" release of
uClibc is once again recommendable or useable, it's pretty painless
to keep a distro tracking more or less along with CVS, the snapshot
tarballs seem to work great.

-Bennett