[uClibc] Re: frv-uclibc port updates

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Thu Nov 4 10:02:25 UTC 2004

> On Aug 26, 2004, Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed Aug 18, 2004 at 11:29:46AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> >> This patch brings the uClibc port for frv-uclinux into a functional,
> >> up-to-date state.  It includes many of the dynamic loader changes I
> >> posted before, as well as some new changes such as:
>
> > Sorry bout the delay, you picked a time when ldso was in the
> > midst of some rework.
>
> No problem.  I'm that lucky :-)  Sorry that it took me so long to get
> back to this.  Here's an updated version.  Some highlights:
>
> - ABI checking (32/64 GP registers, 32/64/no FP registers) introduced,
>   to support both frv400-uclinux and frv550-uclinux, but not on the
>   same system.
>
> - removed -nostdinc from CFLAGS; with it, we couldn't find stddef.h.

Removing -nostdinc is incorrect, if we do that, we will end up using
installed system headers instead of the ones provided by uClibc sources.

A question:
which is the correct pie flag for frv, -fpie or -fPIE (or is it
unrelevant, or if you don't know, then is -fpic or -fPIC correct?)

You have also removed the (check_gcc,-fpie,), this will ensure that you
have pie support in gcc, else it does nothing. Please consider adding that
check back.
Please also check your crt0.S file, I can't see any difference between the
created crt1.o and Scrt1.o files, I suppose the Scrt1.o file is incorrect
and can't be used for ET_DYN/PIE binaries. Until this file is not
corrected, it would be better to not even create the Scrt1.o file.

Thanks, Peter