[uClibc] Proposal adding -z defs by default

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Nov 2 20:23:54 UTC 2004

Hello!

My proposal is to add -z defs to all relevant locations Rules.mak and some
subdir Makefiles that do not inherit LDFLAGS from Rules.mak to be sure
that we don't end up w/ some undefined symbols. To have this work there is
only one issue how to get -z defs resolve __uClibc_main (reported in an
earlier mail).
I can provide a patch to add -z defs to all (less libc.so) lib builds,
the current implementation does not allow to use it generically.
It helped me for ex. to catch a failure in the relro patch, w/o it libdl
would have been unusable.
The question is only were to add some dummy entry (extern ... attribute
weak) to the sources, so that -z defs will be happy w/ __uClibc_main.

Peter