[uClibc] Python in buildroot

Henri van Riel uclibc at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Sun May 30 19:55:23 UTC 2004

Hello Manuel,

Sunday, May 30, 2004, 9:47:21 PM, you wrote:

> On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 09:26:35PM +0200, Henri van Riel wrote:
>> > Are you sure the python build process isn't trying to run the newly
>> > created executable? Some (bad) makefiles do this, and thus create
>> > issues when cross-compiling for architectures or libraries.
>>
>> Yeah, that is exactly what is happening. But I am using the makefile
>> from the buildroot distribution, the python.mk. So I was wondering if
>> this is `standard behavior` or if I need to patch something or missing
>> something.

> From the cvs logs... Dec 3, 2003:

>   Contributed by Jeff Simpson.  This doesn't actually work yet,
>   and will need considerably more effort to make python properly
>   cross compile.  More of a placeholder for now....

> The python build system runs the newly created python during the build.

I see... I searched the mailinglist archives I have that date back to
jan 4th 2003 but that gave me no answer to my question. Next time I'll
search the CVS logs as well ;)

>> I think I know what it is though, I'm building without thread support
>> and my guess is python needs the libpthread library to build.

> Afraid it isn't that easy.

I've got a few ideas to get it build and I'll try those but if it
won't work I'll leave it and leave it till you magicians have time to
look into it :)

--
Best regards,
 Henri                            mailto:uclibc at vanriel.xs4all.nl