[uClibc] Autoconfiscating uClibc

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Sat May 29 17:17:27 UTC 2004

Hello,

I was wondering how much effort would take to add
autoconf support to the uClibc build infrastructure.

I don't think uClibc itself would benefit much from
this change.  The kernel KBuild infrastructure is up
to the task and very convenient for the user.

However, autoconfiscation would make it easy
to integrate uClibc into GCC's uberbaum build
machinery in place of newlib.

Building an uClibc based toolchain in a single step
without a complex external script would be a very
desiderable feature.

If somebody wants to do the uClibc related work,
I'll do the required changes in GCC's top-level
configure and automake and push patches into
GCC's repository.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/