[uClibc] ARM shared libs segfault

David Poole daveml at mbuf.com
Fri May 21 13:46:44 UTC 2004

Sorry. I should have made the horrible nature of my hack clear.  That
was code I wrote to discover where segfault occurred but it doesn't
address the linker problem that's causing the bad executable that
precipitates the segfault.

> No, it is not in the latest snapshot and it will not be in any
> future snapshots.  This is a hack, demonstrating the nature of
> the problem, not a solution fixing the problem.  The Right
> Thing(tm) would be to find the linker bug and fix it.  It may
> very well be this bug is fixed already, by someone, somewhere.

This bug only exists in toolchain's binutils-uclibc-001-debian.patch.
Where did this patch come from? I couldn't find any other binutils
snapshots or releases that had both the count and pc_count fields in
the elf32_arm_relocs_copied structure.

> Adding random hacks working around compiler or linker bugs is
> generally a bad idea.

Would it be worthwhile for me to take a whack at putting binutils 2.15
(latest release) into the toolchain script?

--
David Poole <dpoole at mobl.com>
Mobility Electronics, Idaho   http://www.mobl.com