[uClibc] ARM shared libs segfault

roman roman at imsystems.ru
Thu May 20 07:37:23 UTC 2004

Hello Erik,

EA> When I build a uClibc root_fs for arm and attempt to chroot into
EA> it on my netwinder, I immediately get a segfault.  Until that is
EA> resolved there is little hope of getting i.e. /sbin/init to run,
EA> or getting a system to boot.

When I use static built busybox init there are no problem to boot and
get a working system. With shared libraries there are two segfaults in
ldso code. When I changed ldso sources as it was discussed at
http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-May/008870.html the system now
works with shared libs as well. But I guess missing DT_TEXTREL is
toolchain bug, as described at http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-May/008917.html

--
Best regards,
 roman                            mailto:roman at imsystems.ru