[uClibc] Shell script that builds a uclibc toolchain from scratch.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 17 10:33:02 UTC 2004

So I've been working on converting a Linux From Scratch 5.0 build script to
use busybox and uclibc as part of a development environment.

I just did up a bash script that builds a toolchain to compile stuff against
uclibc.  It's based on LFS chapter 5, and builds the start of the /tools
directory (binutils, gcc, 2.6.5 kernel headers, and uclibc).  When it's done,
if you do "PATH=/tools/bin:$PATH gcc hello.c" it compiles hello world, linked
properly against the uclibc it builds.  Notice that it expects sources in the
"sources" directory, most of which can be found on the gnu or uclibc sites,
except the kernel headers which come from
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/

Beyond compiling "hello world", all bets are off.  I'm still working on it.  I
just thought people might find it interesting...

Rob

--
www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas.  (I'm the con chair.)