[uClibc] anyone using ARM shared libraries?

David Poole daveml at mbuf.com
Mon May 10 19:11:51 UTC 2004

Last week I built the toolchain version of uClibc.

The shared library loader ld.so segfaults because the code sections are
loaded non-writable but ld.so wants to write new addresses into parts
of the code. The MMU faults and I get a segfault. The loader will call
_dl_mprotect() to make the section read/write but only if there is a
DT_TEXTREL in the .dynamic section (which there isn't). If I hack
ldso/ldso/ldso.c and ldso/ldso/dl-startup.c to always call
dl_mprotect(), the program will load and run fine.

Is there anyone using uClibc ARM shared libraries and not having this
problem? I'd like to understand this problem better but I'm stymied by
my dynamic linker ignorance.

arm-linux-gcc: 3.3.3
There's no version number of the toolchain tarball.

Thanks.

--
David Poole <dpoole at mobl.com>
Mobility Electronics, Idaho   http://www.mobl.com