[uClibc] status of uClibc shared libraries and ARM?

David Poole dpoole at mobl.com
Tue May 4 21:36:06 UTC 2004

I'm having some difficulty with ARM + uClibc + shared libraries and the
uClibc loader ld-uClibc-0.9.26.so. I get the dreaded 'Invalid ELF
header' message because header is NULL when the kernel launches
/lib/ld-uClibc.so

In dl-startup.c, ld-uClibc is looking for a pointer at AT_BASE in the
auxvt[] table.

     header = (ElfW(Ehdr) *) auxvt[AT_BASE].a_un.a_ptr;

In fs/binfmt_elf.c, that pointer is set in create_elf_tables() with
interp_load_addr==0 since there isn't an INTERP header (?) in the
executable. (I think that's what's going on.)

Digging through google, I found some OLD messages about the
ARM_LDSO_SUPPORT CVS tag and was wondering what the status of ARM ld.so
might be.   http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2001-June.txt

Thanks!
--
David Poole <dpoole at mobl.com>