[uClibc] buildroot, toolchain or root_fs?

Henri van Riel uclibc at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Tue May 4 21:02:03 UTC 2004

Hello,

I need to setup a development system for a uClibc-based system and I
don't know what the best approach is. This development system needs
uClibc-0.9.26, kernel(headers) 2.4.26, gcc-3.3.2 and binutils. The
uClibc libraries need to be compiled with certain options, not the
defaults.

Should I choose `buildroot` as a place to start? Or is it simpler to
start with the `root_fs_i386` and try and modify that? Or do I need to
build a toolchain?

I've tried to build the toolchain for gcc-2.95 and gcc-3.3.x but they
both failed (segmentation faults during compilation ):

--
Best regards,
 Henri                          mailto:uclibc at vanriel.xs4all.nl