[uClibc] Unable to build strace

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Mar 24 02:45:21 UTC 2004

2004-03-24T02:07:24 Bennett Todd:
> I can't help with the cross-compile, I've not yet tread that road.
>
> But I had no problems building strace with the following:
> [...]
> <URL:http://bent.latency.net/bent/>. I have no reason to believe
> this would be any help in making the cross-compile work, though.

On re-reading this, I realized it sounded like I was taunting or
gloating or something evil. That's not my intent, I was mostly
hoping to suggest that the problem is closer to some mismatch of
your particular cross target -vs- strace, rather than anything
intrinsic to uClibc.

And reading other peoples' followups, sounds like that was the case;
enable largefile support in your uClibc build, or else dike it out
of strace, and you should be fine.

-Bennett