[uClibc] FW: MontaVista Cross Compiler

Foy, Patrick pfoy at 3eti.com
Fri Mar 19 18:02:29 UTC 2004

I recently discovered that uClibc no longer uses the toolchain wrapper
approach and instead it is recommended that I build the toolchains for
uClibc using the source on the website.

In my previous configuration, I built uClibc 0.9.19 with xscale cross
compiler tools from Monta Vista (xscale_be).  Since this version used
the wrapper approach, I could still use the MontaVista tools to produce
the uClibc binaries and library.

I want to use the MontaVista toolchain because MontaVista added some
optimizations for the Xscale platform.  Is it possible to use the
MontaVista toolchain and still use the uCilbc library?  (I have a
feeling that the answer is no)

Thanks.

patrick