[uClibc] Will there be a libresolv sometime?

Barry Kauler bkauler at goosee.com
Fri Mar 12 22:45:40 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
Erik, I was just reading one of your recent responses, and
was somewhat amused -- actually, I don't know how you and
some of the others keep going at such a hectic pace on this
project. I was working intently on a freeware project in 2001
/2002 for about a year, then just lost interest. Now working
on my Puppy Linux project (and right now I don't have much
of a life!).
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I appreciate that you are
committed and keeping uClibc rolling along.
Now to get onto what this posting is really about...

Is there anything in the works, planned for not too far away,
for a real libresolv?
I want to use Cheops in Puppy, which is a network discovery
tool, but stops at the final link step as the libresolv symbols
are missing.

If I know that libresolv is not going to be in uClibc, then I may
hack Cheops and remove that functionality.
Or, I wonder, now this is probably highly unlikely, but I wonder
if it is possible to compile the glibc package against uClibc and
just use the libresolv.so?

Regards,
Barry Kauler