[uClibc] LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Mar 10 23:31:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Wed Mar 10, 2004 at 11:11:40PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > As reported earlier LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not work correctly,
> > another case is running 'make oldconfig' (kernel-2.6.3)

Attached the strace.

> I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but while we
> apprecieate your efforts at reporting problems, bug reports such
> as this one that lack even the smallest glimmerings of content
> and specificity are almost entirely worthless, causes the uClibc
> maintainers to feel annoyed, and are extraordinarily unlikely to
> result in anything getting fixed.  How in the hell am I supposed
> to fix anything with a problem report such as the above?  Are you
> hoping I will call up the Psychic Friends Network and ask them
> for details?

Sorry for that.

> Bug reports should be very specific, and should be reproducable.
> If you think LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not working correctly, please
> provide an strace or ltrace demonstrating the bad behavior.
> Links to the relevant standards showing the correct behavior, or
> a trace showing what glibc does in the same situation would be
> tremendously helpful and would allow us to fix things.  A small
> sample application that demonstrates the problem is basically
> 100% guaranteed to result in the problem being fixed.

The earlier one had the example, here it comes again
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:." does not work if
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty/haven't tested if it is set, can't load lib from
local dir), glibc tolerates that.

Peter

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu