[uClibc] LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Mar 10 23:17:06 UTC 2004

On Wed Mar 10, 2004 at 11:11:40PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> As reported earlier LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not work correctly,
> another case is running 'make oldconfig' (kernel-2.6.3)

I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but while we
apprecieate your efforts at reporting problems, bug reports such
as this one that lack even the smallest glimmerings of content
and specificity are almost entirely worthless, causes the uClibc
maintainers to feel annoyed, and are extraordinarily unlikely to
result in anything getting fixed.  How in the hell am I supposed
to fix anything with a problem report such as the above?  Are you
hoping I will call up the Psychic Friends Network and ask them
for details?

Bug reports should be very specific, and should be reproducable.
If you think LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not working correctly, please
provide an strace or ltrace demonstrating the bad behavior.
Links to the relevant standards showing the correct behavior, or
a trace showing what glibc does in the same situation would be
tremendously helpful and would allow us to fix things.  A small
sample application that demonstrates the problem is basically
100% guaranteed to result in the problem being fixed.