[uClibc] Pre-built toolchain compile problems

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Thu Mar 4 16:41:29 UTC 2004

I'm trying to build a small system image for a PC dedicated as a router,
something I've done using uClibc toolchains before.

I downloaded the latest toolchain filesystem (root_fs_i386.bz2),
uncompressed and mounted it, and chroot'ed into it. However, pretty much
everything significant that I try to compile produces gcc "Internal
errors" in collect2. I have tried this on two different systems, same
results.

I decided to then try using the "buildroot" Makefile to build my own
toolchain; unfortunately it wants some pretty old software packages,
specifically perl-5.8.0 which is no longer available from the master
Perl repositories. Since the buildroot system uses a lot of patches and
other Makefile magic, I'm hesitant to try it with perl-5.8.3 instead.

Does anyone else have these compiling problems with prebuilt toolchain?