[uClibc] segmentation fault]

K.-P. Kirchdörfer kapeka at epost.de
Wed Mar 3 20:00:22 UTC 2004

Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 20:34 schrieb Philippe PEZET:
> bingo !
> thanks for your help !
> for those who would like to do the same, this is what I did (the laziest
> way !) :
> * using instructions from the first link, i.e. using the fopencookie
> patch, I compiled uClibc
> * I copied the i386-linux-uclibc to the usr directory of the root_fs
> image (mounted loop).
> * I needed to move the existing i386-linux dir to i386-linux-old and to
> create a i386-linux symlink to i386-linux-uclibc.

Glad you got it working, but keep in mind, this sounds very adventurous and a
most-likely unsupported setup.

To compile for Bering-uClibc (using 0.9.20 - that means with old gcc-wrapper
support) you may follow the instructions on page I gave until the end - it's
really easy - though not all apps will compile.
Once uClibc 1.0 is on horizon, a proper root_fs will be provided.

As I said before, this is _not_ the mailing-list to get support for
Bering-uClibc (look below for appropriate mailing-list).

kp