[uClibc] How do I build toolchain without a wrapper ?

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 2 11:57:00 UTC 2004

--- Manuel Novoa III <mjn3 at codepoet.org> a écrit :
> I wrote that 2.95 or 3.3.x (which builds gcc 3.3.3) are the only ones
> working.  They create real <arch>-linux-uclibc toolchains.
>
> Manuel

Not true. They're the only ones supported by buildroot. You can do
otherwise manually outside of buildroot :)

It's possible to write a gcc-2.7.2.3 & binutils-2.9, targetting
uclibc. First you need to "merge" the binutils and gcc trees,
then hack the files which were pointing to ld-linux.so.

You can actually even bootstrap. I haven't tried it on the latest,
but it definitely should still work !

Christian
--

Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel quelque soit votre fournisseur d’accès - avec anti-virus gratuit !