[uClibc] How do I build toolchain without a wrapper ?

Philippe Gay ph.gay at free.fr
Tue Mar 2 09:37:11 UTC 2004

I'm awfully sorry to be the guy how is
- asking the question already asked 100 ... 1000 times
- and that doesnt know howto search in the archive.

But ... 'toute honte bue ... ' here is why I come

I fully understand that we do not get any more tcp wrapper with uClibc 9.26.
So I'm am a good guy and follow what is said ... build my old tool chain
So I just downloaded toolchain.tar.gz ... have a quick look on Makefile
and do ... make

And I saw  ...

checking for gcc... i386-uclibc-gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

and in config.log ...

configure:2035: i386-uclibc-gcc -V </dev/null >&5
./configure: line 1: i386-uclibc-gcc: command not found
configure:2038: $? = 127
configure:2062: checking for C compiler default output
configure:2065: i386-uclibc-gcc -Os -march=i486   conftest.c  >&5
./configure: line 1: i386-uclibc-gcc: command not found
configure:2068: $? = 127
configure: failed program was:
| #line 2041 "configure"
| /* confdefs.h.  */

I could say ... of course  ... but I say

Argh ...

And after a day of look around I realy do not know what to do

Any help would be as usual very much appreciated ... and in advance ...

Merci à tous

--
Philippe Gay                                      -o)
74 rue Guillemard                                 /\\