[uClibc] Installing uwoody

Gerry Rozema gerryr at rozeware.bc.ca
Mon Jun 7 23:56:59 UTC 2004

> There are a few ways to do it... You can loop mount the
> ext2 image and copy the files off it, then chroot in.
>
> You can make an empty directory, cd in, then untar the
> tarball, then chroot in.
>
> You can dd the ext2 image to a partition on a spare drive
> (overwriting everything), then use resize2fs to fill the
> partition.  Then mount the partition, copy in a kernel,
> install and grub for a fully standalone machine.
>
> There are no doubt many other ways to get things going, but
> the last suggestion is how I have _my_ uwoody system setup,

Another method that worked well for me to be able to play with it.  I made a
2 gig file and turned it into an ext2 file system, then copied in the uWoody
stuff.  Use that as the file system target for a uml kernel.  I found that a
great way to experiment with the stuff, without actually setting up another
computer.