[uClibc] about the name of your project

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Jun 4 12:19:08 UTC 2004

On Thu Jun 03, 2004 at 02:33:23PM +0300, George Andreou wrote:
> I am sorry to inform you for your error here.
> You see, there is no letter "mu" in the greek language.
> µ is called "mi" in greek. "Mu" maybe it is the sound of a cow, but
> definitely not the greek letter µ.

The FOLDOC entry for "micro-" also mentions
"Abbreviation: Greek mu"
    http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?micro-

There are another 10,000 or so hits found by google.
    http://www.google.com/search?&q=SI+prefix+mu

Now I may not be correct in the slightest (its all greek to me
after all), but at least a sizable number of people and standards
organizations such as NIST are wrong with me,