[uClibc] Unscheduled Downtime

Carl Miller chaz at energoncube.net
Thu Jul 22 08:30:49 UTC 2004

> > I woke up this afternoon (after working all night on a problem
> > that turned up with uClibc on mips) and found one of my precious
> > children (probably Jess) had unlocked my office looking for
> > something, then one of my younger children then discovered the
> > power switch on the server under my desk.  The server that powers
> > uclibc.org, busybox.net, codepoet.org, etc....
>
> There's a "priceless" commercial in here somewhere, I just know it.

Second install of Linux:                     $0.
Second install of Apache:                    $0.
Install of Balance for hot-standby failover: $0.
Knowing the site stays up when your child
   finds the power switch on one server:     Priceless.

Some computer problems can't be solved by code.  For everything
   else, there's open source.

                           -----Carl