[uClibc] libglib12.mk

Seb James seb at hypercubesystems.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 10:35:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've built glib, using libglib12.mk, but am puzzled by one aspect of the
process.

During the configure stage I get this information:

checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

And hence I only get libglib.a built and not libglib.so.

Did the original creator of libglib12.mk get this same behaviour? I note
that libglib12.mk tries to copy libglib.so into the target rootfs.

Seb James.

ps.

There are also some warnings that the configure script can't determine
whether we're cross-compiling, and defaults to different defaults during
the same configuration. This doesn't seem likely to be helpful:

-----------------
checking if iswalnum() and friends are properly defined... yes
checking whether realloc (NULL,) will work... configure: warning: cannot check it if cross compiling -- defaulting to yes
yes
checking for an implementation of va_copy()... configure: warning: cannot check it if cross compiling -- defaulting to no
no
checking for an implementation of __va_copy()... configure: warning: cannot check it if cross compiling -- defaulting to yes
yes
checking whether va_lists can be copied by value... configure: warning: cannot check it if cross compiling -- defaulting to yes
yes
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes
checking for RTLD_GLOBAL brokenness... configure: warning: cannot check it if cross compiling -- defaulting to no
no
checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... configure: warning: cannot check it if cross compiling -- defaulting to no