[uClibc] Dropbear compilation troubles w/uClibc

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Thu Jul 15 16:43:04 UTC 2004

2004-07-15T15:24:29 Jim Thompson:
> uwoody is great (I run it on several small systems), but buildroot has
> its place (targeted at tiny systems).

And I found the downloadable root fs image an exceptionally simple
and straitforward bootstrapping aid for launching my (LFS-inspired)
uClibc-based distro. As I'm not a Debian user, I think I'd have
found uWoody a smidgeon trickier to get set up as a bootstrapping
starting point. That may be trivial to deal with, though.

And I'm not even certain that that downloadable root fs is
equivalent to buildroot. If as proposed buildroot goes away, will
that downloadable fs go away as well?

If so, would it be hard to replace the downloadable root fs with
instructions on how to set up a uWoody in a chrooted env for
purposes of simply bootstrapping a new build into existence?

Thanks,

-Bennett