[uClibc] Dropbear compilation troubles w/uClibc

Nick Jennings nick at iaminsane.com
Wed Jul 14 10:12:03 UTC 2004

[re-cc'ing the uclibc list as I assume you mistakenly forgot to keep them
cc'd]
Hi Benny, thanks for your email, though I'm not sure I follow what you
are saying...

Benny Simonsen said:

> It's because zlib is "missing"
> "Dropbear can be compiled if staging_dir/lib/libz* is copyed to
> staging_dir/arm-linux-uclibc/lib, but I guess thats a wrong way to do
> it" Your staging_dir/arm.. is of cource different, but just copy it and
> I guess it will be fine.

 So you are saying I must build zlib against the toolchain first and install
 it into the rootfs directory as well? This is what was confusing me because
 in the buildroot Makefile, when setting targets you either set

TARGETS:='zlib openssl openssh'
...or...
TARGETS:='dropbear_sshd'

 So I assumed they were mutually esclusing.

 Also, note that I am not building for the arm architecture, but for i386.

> Now I am writing. Would it be an idea with some kind of bugtrace
> program (mantis / bugzilla or ?) for these great tools (uclibc /
> busybox / buildroot)?

- Nick