[uClibc] toolchain & buildroot script understanding...

Bryan Larsen bryan.larsen at lumenera.com
Mon Jul 12 14:00:33 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 10:41, Glenn R Heard Jr wrote:
> I'm sorry. I was wrong.. toolchain did make a contained compiler in the
> toolchain tree under the directory toolchain_arm_nofpu...

Interesting.  My build fails well before then.  There's a line in
libfloat.mk that I choke on:

	cp -a $(LIBFLOAT_DIR)/libfloat.a $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/libfloat.a

There's two problems with this line.

1) -a is not a valid option to most cp's, it requires GNU cp.
2) TARGET_DIR is never defined anywhere.

Did you just define TARGET_DIR=$(STAGING_DIR) ?

It appears I can do a toolchain build with SOFT_FLOAT:=false.

Bryan