[uClibc] Strange dynamic symbol in PPC

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Fri Jan 30 17:11:54 UTC 2004

> On Mon Jan 26, 2004 at 08:12:47PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > OK, had a look at dlopen.c, but I didn't get any wiser. Is
> this bug PPC specific?
>
> Nope.  Is is a general, arch-independent bug.  Actually, it is
> more of a design problem which causes us not correctly handle
> weak symbols in dlopen()d shared libraries.  It is this very
> problem that, i.e. is preventing mozilla from running as has
> been reported a few times.  It also causes problems with perl,
> where weak symbols from libpthread are not correctly handled,
>
>  -Erik

Managed to cross compile the stuff uClibc/test/dlopen for PPC.

dltest reports "Weak values resolved incorrectly". I guess that
this test shows the problem described above?

Also, I noticed that test1 and test3 failed to open "libtest1.so" until
I copied libtest*.so to /lib. Should they behave like that?

 Jocke