[uClibc] Please Help: crtn.o __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx defined twice

bk/sm void at dodo.com.au
Sun Jan 25 15:59:30 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
Urgent advice requested please.
I've almost totally rebuilt my tiny Puppy Linux distro
based on uclibc, just a couple of apps that I can't compile.
Note, previous build was on a Redhat 8.0 system, and that
Puppy can be found at:
http://www.goosee.com/puppy
-- Puppy has the works, full suite of GUI apps, and ISO is
around 45M.

Anyway, my latest problem is that I can't quite compile
Xanim. It gets right to the last step where all the object
files get linked together, then spits out this message:

/usr/lib/crtn.o: '__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx' defined twice

I'm using the prebuilt root f.s. with uclibc 0.9.24.
I scanned through /usr/lib/crtn.o and see that the symbol
has two matches.

The Xanim Makefile had basic cflags, I am going from memory,
but think it was just "-O4 -mcpu486"

Can anyone PLEASE advise how I can work around this?
...even hacking crtn.o itself, I just want to get that final
link to complete.

Note, I'm not on the list (maybe I should be -- I promise once
I get over this hurdle of getting Puppy fully compiled, I
won't clutter up the mail list), so kindly reply to

void at dodo.com.au

Regards,
Barry Kauler
void at dodo.com.au