[uClibc] Shared Linker [was: printf problem & libgcc on target?]

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Mon Jan 19 01:18:47 UTC 2004

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Manuel Novoa III wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> That's your problem.  The shared linker is currently broken for powerpc.
>> I know that staticly linked stuff runs fine.
>>
>> Fixing it is on Erik's todo list.  Don't know how far down though...
>>

> I'm confused now!! The programs load and run OK, its just the printf
> that fails. I'll try statically linking in the meantime anyway...

OK - I'm a convert now of busted shared linkers!! The statically linked
program runs fine!!

Is there anything I can do/provide that would assist in the solving of
this problem on PowerPC? I'm still concerned about my lack of flash space...

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand