[uClibc] manually building gcc and binutils

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Jan 15 09:57:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:46:28AM +0100, Mario Premke wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to build a gcc 3.3.2 and binutils 2.14 in a way that they use uClibc
> as the standard library. Since I don't want to build a cross compilation
> enviroment, I first build uC-libc with my original gcc and now configure

I'm assuming (hoping) you mean uClibc and not the old/buggy uC-libc.

> the binutils with
> '--includedir=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/include --libdir=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/libc --prefi
> x=/BIN_DIR'
> and gcc with
> '--with-headers=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/include --with-libs=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/libc --
> prefix=/BIN_DIR'
>
> Will that build a gcc which takes uC-libc as it's standard library?

No.  I'm afraid it isn't that simple.  There are differences between
how glibc and uClibc work which gcc needs to be aware of... dynamic
linker name, destructor handling, and stack unwinding to name the main
ones.  If you're interested, take at patches in buildroot.

Manuel