[uClibc] Any pre-requisites for dynamic linked BusyBox 'init' ?

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Tue Jan 13 03:26:26 UTC 2004

Greetings

I'm running uClibc-0.9.26 (built using buildroot snapshot of 19-12-2003)
on a 8xx PowerPC and trying to start up using a dynamic linked BusyBox.

I can boot OK with a static linked BB so I'm wondering if I have to do
anything special (preloading libraries or anything?) to use a
dynamically linked version.

I can run other dynamically linked programs (having booted using the
static BB) by using the dcbX kernel patch (at least I assume that is
what fixed it!!).

Very interested in saving 200k of flash if I can get this to work :-))

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand