[uClibc] buildroot worked, now what?

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Mon Jan 12 02:09:27 UTC 2004

Hi Mike,

On 01/11/04 05:05, Mike wrote:
> Now do I make a tarball of the root_fs_i386 and copy it to the target machine?

root_fs_i386 is an image of the root fs. So you may dd it to your target
storage. If it's not possible, you may tar the root directory in
build_i386 and untar it on your target machine. If you are not using
devfs, you have also to create the necessary /dev entries, since they
are only created when buildroot is making the image file.

> To build other apps for the machine do I then chroot to the root directory
> inside of build_i386?

You may, but it depends on whether you have built all the tools you need
to build your apps, such as gcc and binutils. Again, prepare those /dev
entries as necessary (/dev/null is sometimes needed for the .configure
script).

Selwyn