[uClibc] libungif, libjpeg compile problem

Void void at dodo.com.au
Sun Jan 11 02:42:46 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
It has been a pleasant experience, I congratulate
Erik on the precompiled root filesystem.
I downloaded it about a week ago, installed it
onto a partition and chrooted into it.
Much easier way to compile against uclibc, and
yesterday I even managed to compile Xfree v4.2.0 Xvesa server -- I was
previously trying v4.3.0 but
it wanted perl.
I can boot into it, and X works.

Anyway, this morning I compiled libpng, libtiff, no problem, but when I got
to libjpeg v6b and libungif and giflib v4.1.0, they compile, no error
reported, except that neither shared nor static
libraries are actually built.
Configure is this:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared
make

The configure reports that shared library support
is ok, except that libungif/giflib report some
thing odd about it, in the form of a warning
message. libjpeg configures completely ok, no
warning msgs or anything.
But, run make, comes to an end, no libraries of
any kind
?????

I hunted the uclibc archives, only mention I can
see is that libjpeg compiles fine.
So, anyone got a clue what is wrong?

Regards,
Barry Kauler