[uClibc] Question on 'C compiler cannot create executables' error message

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Feb 26 21:51:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:01:02PM -0500, bbick at ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Did you set SOFT_FLOAT=true ?  I may have forgotten to mention that in my previous e-mail.  If we leave SOFT_FLOAT=false then we get a clean build.

No, as you didn't mention it.  :-(

> We get the failure with soft float enabled.  Also, we're not using the latest snapshot from cvs, rather the last "stable", so if you get success with the soft floating point option set to true then maybe the problem we are seeing is corrected in the current cvs tree.

Won't work with stable.  If you want to use stable, you will need to
backport the changes to the Makefiles in which shared libs are built.
Essentially, -lgcc was added to the linking of the shared libs because
of libgcc hidden symbols.

BTW, be aware that uClibc current ldso code doesn't work on mips.
I've had to fall back to the 0.9.24 version.

Manuel