[uClibc] Question on 'C compiler cannot create executables' error message

bbick at ix.netcom.com bbick at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 26 20:01:02 UTC 2004

Hi Manuel,

Did you set SOFT_FLOAT=true ?  I may have forgotten to mention that in my previous e-mail.  If we leave SOFT_FLOAT=false then we get a clean build.

We get the failure with soft float enabled.  Also, we're not using the latest snapshot from cvs, rather the last "stable", so if you get success with the soft floating point option set to true then maybe the problem we are seeing is corrected in the current cvs tree.

We do have the multilib option enabled, since the comment in the makefile says that soft float has only been tested with multilib enabled for mips, mipsel, etc.

Thanks,
Burt

Hmm... I just did a mipsel toolchain build.  I did a cvs up of
toolchain, changed ARCH in gcc-3.3.x/Makefile to mipsel, and
ran make.  The build went fine.  The output line corresponding
to your failure is (for me)

checking whether the C compiler ( /archive/work/toolchain/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_build_mipsel/gcc-3.3-final/gcc/xgcc -B/archive/work/toolchain/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_build_mipsel/gcc-3.3-final/gcc/ -B/archive/work/toolchain/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_mipsel/mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/ -B/archive/work/toolchain/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_mipsel/mipsel-linux-uclibc/lib/ -isystem /archive/work/toolchain/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_mipsel/mipsel-linux-uclibc/include -g -Os ) works... yes

so I'm not seeing your problem here.

Manuel