[uClibc] Toolchain

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Feb 25 19:36:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:53:15AM -0600, Roy Walker wrote:
> Well I looked through the uclibc.mk and through the Makefile in the
> utils directory for uClibc and couldn't find anything to explain why it
> was not using the target path for the uClibc built libraries, and was
> instead using the /lib path.  I just copied necessary files into the
> /lib directory on the host machine.  I would love to get a real fix for
> this.  I am I the only one who has used the toolchain auto Makefile and
> had this problem?
>
> Thanx,
> Roy

The apps built from the uClibc/utils directory are linked vs uClibc
and meant to be run on the target.  A hostutils target was recently
added to uClibc/utils/Makefile, which builds and links verions of
those utilities vs the host libraries.  Perhaps toolchain should be
modified to build those instead.

Manuel