[uClibc] runtime fix for correct casts

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sat Feb 14 22:59:59 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 10:54:32PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:36:18PM -0700, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> > Well, I'll apply it for now.  But if all goes well, by April the world
> > will finally be rid of this truly awful code.  :-)
>
> Actually, it's still full of 64bit problems. I could start to fix them,
> but is the code rework your working on going to happen sooner than April ?

Yes.  All the code in extra/locale was just a quick hack to extract
locale data in glibc and store it for uClibc in a space-efficient way.
It was purely for experimenting with various storage possibilities,
and was never meant to live as long as it has.

Hopefully by the end of March I'll have a proper localedef utility
which processes the locale source files themselves.

Manuel