[uClibc] pthread_mutexattr_settype undefined in cvs

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Fri Feb 13 01:45:13 UTC 2004

On 02/12/04 12:57, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> It built fine here in a native environment.  For an explanation of

Do you mean an environment using uClibc? Is it from cvs or 0.9.26? (But
I think the parts of the code I concern did not change from 0.9.26).

> The function pthread_mutexattr_settype is not part of libc.  It is
> in libpthread.  The configure step should have arranged to add -lpthread
> to the link.

Maybe it's due to the problem of autotools in my buildroot environment.
Now, I have recompiled libtools, autoconf and automake inside my
chroot'd environment, and the autogen.sh and configure scripts no longer
output any warnings about invalid syntax for autom4ke or things like
that. The build of my directfb is smooth now.

But my concern is that when I compiled autotools inside my buildroot
development environment, are they built to run on my target? To my
understanding, the buildroot development environment is meant to be run
on my host, and to produce binaries for my target. But since my host and
target are both of the x86 architecture, this problem just doesn't
matter. So I don't know if I understand it correctly, and if my way of
recompiling autotools inside the buildroot environment correct.

Selwyn