[uClibc] building arm-linux-uclibc toolchain manually

Miles Bintz miles.bintz at conexant.com
Wed Feb 4 17:36:08 UTC 2004

I've been searching the mailing list for a while now and  cant find
detailed info on the following subject.... I've read that compiling gcc for
use with uclibc isn't as easy as changing configure parameters.  I don't
want to use the toolchain/buildroot makefiles because I want to know whats
going on instead of "black boxing" it (what are all the patches doing?).

Anyhoo, are there detailed instructions on what needs to be done to gcc
for  usewith uclibc?  Also, Having never made a complete system from
scratch, is there a howto on setting up a small  root file system with the
uclibc dynamic loader?  ie.  If I compile busybox against uclibc, what do I
need to copy to my target root file system to amke it all work?

Thanks!

-Miles