[uClibc] dlopen() problem

Kamil Burzynski K.Burzynski at adbglobal.com
Tue Feb 3 11:52:37 UTC 2004

Hello.

 Recently I've figured out that dlopen(0, RTLD_LAZY) returns
NULL pointer. Linux man page on dlopen says it should return handle
to main calling program handle in such case.

Is it bug, or is it only my problem - i.e. other environments gives
different results? Any ideas?

I'm trying to run Mozilla on uClibC and noticed that in some point
it just calls dlopen() in such way. I dont know how much bad NULL result
is for Mozilla, but it would be nice to get rid of it.

Quick try with path to executable instead of NULL argument gives surprising
result: dlopen() fprintfs() that this executable is not powerpc ELF executable
(which is not true - it is already being executed). Does such dlopen()
confuse uclibc or what?

PS. My environment is cross-compiled from x86 to PowerPC with gcc 3.3.2
(any further information available on request).

--
Best regards from
Kamil Burzynski