[uClibc] Puppy Linux v0.8.0 released, built with uClibc

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 2 02:56:56 UTC 2004

--- Barry Kauler <void at dodo.com.au> a écrit :
> Okay, it's done!
> Puppy is very small, mostly used to boot from USB Flash
> cards and Zip drives, but also can be installed to hard
> drive.
> The live-CD is just 41.6M, and has a large suite of GUI
> apps, including Mozilla 1.0.2 and Composer, Amaya, Ted,
> Xpaint, Ogle DVD player, Xsane, GSview, etc etc.

cool. The last time I tried to do something like this, of course
less ambitious, was 2 years ago. It's true that somehow uclibc
moved a long way since.

My short term objective is now to do something similar, but on
a true embedded device (Ipaq h2210). We're in phase of kernel
debug, but I guess that since buildroot already works on it
somehow, we're not far...

Congratulations on finally getting Mozilla to compile.
Any luck with Firebird or Thunderbird ?

Rgds,
Christian