[uClibc] MIPS - "patent-less" memcpy.S memset.S

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Fri Dec 31 23:03:48 UTC 2004

The "LX50" (as used in the realtek rtl8181 and friends) is
MIPS-sans-patented instructions.

The rtl8181 sourceforge project might be a good point to start
investigation.
http://rtl8181.sourceforge.net/

Or you could just substitute the obvious 'C' replacement for these
functions, and then compile the code with a compiler
that won't generate the patented instructions.  (See previous rtl8181
sourceforge project.)

jim