[uClibc] [PPC-BUILDROOT] ldconfig.c fails to compile because PAGE_SIZE is undeclared.

Andrew Reusch andrew.reusch at wiline.com
Tue Dec 14 15:23:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

    Using the latest buildroot from cvs and compiling for the powerpc I
was unable to compile ldconfig.c because the macro PAGE_SIZE was
undefined. Scanning the archives I found this relevant message.

>I just included asm/page.h, and it seems to have worked (the toolchain
>built, anyway)
>
>-Dave
>
>On Friday, 13 Aug 2004, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>/ On Friday 13 August 2004 10:58 am, David Frascone wrote:
/>>/ > So, is this fix going to make it into CVS?
/>>/
/>>/ it has been 'fixed' :)
/>>/ the file now includes sys/user.h instead of asm/page.h ... unfortunately, this
/>>/ only fixes things for i386/mips ... everyone else is still dead in the water
/>>/
/>>/ eric said that the bigger plan was to create a uclibc page.h file and include
/>>/ that ... that file will take care of making sure everything is
/>>/ defined/included properly for each arch ...
/>>/
/>>/ but atm, if you're building on a non-i386/mips arch (i'm using arm atm), then
/>>/ just `sed -i 's:sys/user\.h:asm/user.h:' libc/misc/internals/__uClibc_main.c`
/>>/ for the time being
/>>/ -mike

/

Including <asm/page.h> in ldconfig.c fixed the problem. Is this the
correct thing to do? Or is the proper behavior of the build process to
define PAGE_SIZE in user.h?

Thanks,
Andrew