[uClibc] [buildroot] Patch to add libstdc++ installation in root filesystem

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Tue Dec 14 09:37:17 UTC 2004

Hello,

Erik Andersen a écrit :

> Sure, I'd be happy to apply such a patch, though it will only
> work properly for gcc-3.x.  For gcc-2.95 (which I am not certain
> if anybody uses or cares about -- I know I dont use or care about
> it anymore) uClibc needs to use the stlport c++ library, since
> nobody has ever expended the considerable effort needed to make
> libstdc++ work with gcc-2.95/uClibc.

Included is the patch, tested with gcc-3.x on MIPS. The patch also makes
changes to gcc-2.95 Makefiles, but they haven't been tested.

The patch renames BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP to BR2_BUILD_CPP and
BR2_INSTALL_LIBGCJ to BR2_BUILD_GCJ, I think it's easier to understand
the purpose of these options with that names.

BTW, thanks for integrating multiple jobs support and selectable
toolchain destination path support !

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: thomas.petazzoni at jabber.dk
http://kos.enix.org, http://sos.enix.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7