[uClibc] Compiling toolchain under Cygwin?

Roland Zitzke VDLJIPDEBFIP at spammotel.com
Mon Dec 13 11:42:31 UTC 2004

Hello,

I read that some people managed to compile the toolchain under Cygwin.
I tried this using the built tool for 2.95 and 3.3 and found the same problem for both versions on two different cygwin systems.

When making
...\toolchain\gcc-3.3.x\toolchain_build_mips\gcc-3.3-initial\gcc

link and mv commands fail since the
EXEEXT variable in the Makefile is empty:

man7ext = .7

objext = .o

exeext =

build_exeext =

The latter should imho be .exe.

In the config.log in this directory I see no entry checking for EXEEXT

Any hint on where this should be set to .exe?

Thanks and regards

Roland