[uClibc] main moved to crt0.S

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Sat Dec 11 12:33:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Mon Dec 06, 2004 at 11:47:13AM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > libpthread_db.so has the problem w/ -z defs (and is unrelated to protected
> > main)
>
> libpthread_db.so is intended to be dlopened by gdb, and uses
> symbols (such as ps_getpid, ps_pdwrite, ps_pdread, etc) that are
> defined inside of gdb.  Since the only client of libpthread_db
> is gdb, this is not a problem,

With your correction, where libthread_db is built w/ own LDFLAGS
it is no problem now adding -z defs to Rules.mak uclibc wide, libthread_db
won't inherit it.

-z defs can be added to Rules.mak if you accept .protected main addition
to all crt0.S files (as Jocke's patch for i386/ppc proposed) I have
tested that on 3 archs i386/ppc/mips on gentoo base system
(approx. 100 packages, and no problem arised from that change (haven't
tested any c++ apps)

Peter