[uClibc] Hardened-lfs using uClibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 6 03:34:04 UTC 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 10:11 pm, Robert Connolly wrote:
> Hello. I would like to casually announce hardened-linuxfromscratch has
> recently decided to use uClibc in its toolchain. Key features so far
> include uClibc (optimized for speed not size), propolice stack guard, a
> pic/pie toolchain, PaX/Grsecurity kernel, and Frandom. The packages are
> otherwise the same as linuxfromscratch's base; gnu coreutils, man pages,
> robust development enviroment (no busybox). The build is native and
> bootstrapped, only the initial toolchain is cross compiled.

I got a full development environment using busybox. :)

http://www.landley.net/code/firmware

I'm in the process of upgrading busybox "sort" so I don't have to use that
from coreutils either, which means I can get rid of coreutils.  (I still need
comm in order to build perl, but I can fix that

The above doesn't use c++, but that's actually a uclibc thing not a busybox
thing.  To-do item to resolve that...

Rob