[uClibc] uclibc++

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Mon Aug 30 18:01:35 UTC 2004

Hello Rob,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 09:51:09AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> To get a working c++ compiler, buildroot applies a 100k patch to the standard

Most of which is just code duplicated from libstdc++/config/os/gnu-linux
and libstdc++/config/locale/gnu and then modified for uClibc awareness.
The other parts or (again) just modifications of the config code blocks
for glibc's locales, modified to add support for uClibc.  While the
patch may be bulky, it is quite straightforward.

> c++ library, and requires not just wide character but full locale support.
> (The stub locales may have been fixed in cvs, I tried with the last release
> version.)

No, it doesn't require full locale support.  As far as wide character
support goes, those functions are also just stubs in stub locale mode,
and there are packages around that won't build unless you have wchar_t.
After all, wchar_t has been part of standard C for at least 15 years.

Manuel