[uClibc] Re: uclibc and heap randomisation (ET_EXEC)

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Mon Aug 30 15:44:59 UTC 2004

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > The latest uclibc-cvs solved the heap randomisation issue on PAX enabled
> > kernels
>
> The attached patch killed again heap reandomisation (it was
> applied to cvs between aug.27-30, don't know exactly).
> Is it really necessary?
>
> Peter

Hmm, I removed that code by mistake and that broke procps. So I added
it again. Why does it break heap randomisation? I don't know if both
__environ and __curbrk is needed for procps. Maybe only one of
them is needed? Does heap randomisation need both of them to go away
or is it enough with __curbrk?

 Jocke